This Spring Quinoa Salad has quinoa tossed with peas, fresh herbs, feta, bacon, and almonds, plus a homemade Honey Lemon Vinaigrette.
For the salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2–3 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil and cilantro
- 1/2 cup almonds, pulsed in a food processor until crushed
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1–2 large juicy lemons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- a few tablespoons honey (I did 3, but adjust to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. I make this the night before and let it chill in the fridge so it separates better for the salad.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and then turn off the heat. Add the peas and cover until bright green. I do this instead of regular boiling so they don’t get wrinkly! Toss the quinoa with the peas, feta, bacon, herbs, and almonds.
- Puree all the dressing ingredients in the food processor. Toss the dressing with the salad ingredients. Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve tossed with fresh baby spinach, on crackers, or just by itself!
The tossed salad can be kept for up to two days without getting weird – it actually soaks up the dressing, and it works great to toss the leftovers with fresh greens. Also, in my opinion, you can never have too much fresh herb-age and mint would be a great addition.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa salad, healthy salad, salad recipe, spring salad