You’re going to fall in LOVE with these Sticky Ginger Rice Bowls! It’s a sweet-meets-spicy sauce situation, flavorful meatballs, pickled veg, and mango on top. The perfect (vegan) summery meal!
- 1/4 cup Fusia Soy Sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons Specially Selected Raw Honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- one 1-inch knob of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or Fusia Sriracha (more or less to taste for some heat)
Rice Bowls and Extras:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white or jasmine rice
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, halved and sliced
- just a lil bit of rice vinegar, oil, salt, and sugar
- one 16-ounce bag Earth Grown Vegan Meatless Meatballs
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- cilantro for topping
- Make the rice: Cook rice according to package directions.
- Blend the sauce: Blend all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Make the pickled veg: Toss your veggies with enough vinegar and oil to just barely coat. Season with salt and sugar. Voila – it’s a very low-key pickled vegetable salad.
- Cook the meatballs: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs and most of the sauce. Sauté for 5-8 minutes, shaking the pan to move them around and coat them in sticky sauce until they are cooked through. (You can also cover the pan with a lid to speed up the cook time for the meatballs.)
- Assemble: Serve meatballs over rice with a scoop of the pickled veggies, mango, and a handful of cilantro. Spoon a little bit of extra sauce over the top. SO GOOD.
- Category: Bowl
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: rice bowl, bowl recipe, vegetarian bowl recipe