This stovetop broccoli and white bean lasagna is an easy weeknight meal that’s satisfying and healthy. Super yummy for dinner!
- 1 package dried lasagna noodles – I used whole wheat with the wavy ridges
- 2 small heads broccoli – about 4–6 cups
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (if you like a lot of sauce, go for 1 1/2 jars)
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Chop or break the broccoli into very small pieces. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Break apart the lasagna noodles into small pieces (kind of up to you how big you want them) and cook them for as long as directed on the package. When the noodles are almost done, add the broccoli to the pot and cook it for 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp. Drain the water and set aside the noodles and broccoli.
- Mince the garlic and onion. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Saute the garlic and onion with the olive oil. When the onion and garlic are fragrant and soft (about 2-3 minutes), add the rinsed and drained beans. Season very generously with salt and pepper or red pepper if desired and cook for a few minutes until the beans are warm. Add the bean mixture to the lasagna/broccoli pot.
- Add sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat for just a few minutes until warmed all the way through. And fine, yes, top with cheese if you must.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian