Strawberries + shortcake-inspired granola + creamy vanilla yogurt. This strawberry shortcake yogurt bowl is breakfast, snack, and dessert goals!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (the coarse kind – use 1 teaspoon if using table salt)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3–4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Yogurt Bowl Toppers:
- Fresh strawberries + a pinch of sugar
- siggi’s triple cream vanilla yogurt
- Granola: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything + two tablespoons of the turbinado sugar. Spread on a large nonstick baking sheet (easier if it has raised edges). Bake for 20 minutes. Stir, and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove and toss with remaining turbinado sugar. Allow to cool and crunchify right on the pan.
- Strawberries: Cut into small pieces. Mash them just a little bit with a fork to get them kinda juicy-like. Add another little spoonful of white or raw sugar. Voila – macerated strawberries.
- Bowls: Serve the siggi’s yogurt in a bowl with a bunch of granola and spoon strawberries over the top. IT’S SO YUMMY.
If your oven runs hot, you may want to preheat it to 350 and then decrease the heat to 325 or 300 when you actually put the granola in. The goal is to get a nice amount of browning on the coconut flakes and nuts without burning it.
Granola recipe serves about 12 (about 1/2 cup per serving).
Keep your macerated strawberries in the fridge for a few days for quick and easy strawberry shortcake yogurt bowl assembly when the craving strikes!
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry shortcake yogurt bowls, yogurt bowls, strawberry shortcake granola