Stuffed French Toast with strawberries, bananas, and maple syrup. Totally indulgent and perfect for a lazy Saturday brunch or a midnight snack.
- 4 slices sturdy whole grain bread (or any kind, really)
- 1/2 cup dessert hummus, or thick and creamy replacement such as ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs + 1 splash milk
- sliced bananas
- sliced strawberries
- extra peanut butter or maple syrup, for good measure
- Assemble french toast like a sandwich: bread, dessert hummus or PB, fruit, more fruit, and more dessert hummus or PB, finished with bread.
- Dip the entire monstrous sandwich into the egg mixture.
- Fry on a panini press (shoutout!) or griddle until golden on both sides.
- Top with maple syrup. I dare you.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 419