Summer Bliss Bowls with Sweet Potato Falafel and Jalapeño Ranch – you will not believe how easy this 5 ingredient falafel is!
For the Sweet Potato Falafel:
- 1 raw sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked brown rice and/or quinoa
- 1/2 cup almonds or other nuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- oil for frying
For the Bowls:
- heirloom tomatoes
- quinoa/brown rice
- roasted corn
- fresh dill
- goat cheese
- Jalapeno Ranch
- FALAFEL STEP ONE: Pulse the sweet potato through a food processor until finely minced. Add the brown rice/quinoa and almonds and pulse until well mixed and uniform in texture. Add the egg and salt and pulse until mixed. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the flour.
- FALAFEL STEP TWO: Form the mixture into balls or patties. Heat the oil over medium heat and fry each falafel for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- BOWLS: Assemble all your ingredients in a bowl. Top with the falafels and jalapeño ranch dressing.
Basic olive oil and lemon juice dressing works great, too, if you’re short on time. Nutrition information is for the falafel only. If you want to make true falafel, here’s a great recipe!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired
Keywords: bliss bowls, sweet potato falafel, jalapeno ranch