Lemon Dill Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- a handful of fresh dill (to taste)
- a handful of fresh parsley (optional)
Summer Salad Jars
- 2 cups quinoa (or other pasta, quinoa, couscous, etc.)
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1-2 small jars of sun dried tomatoes or peppers (I used DeLallo brand)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Dressing: Blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Grains: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Build Your Beautiful Jars: In each jar, layer a little bit of dressing, tomatoes, quinoa, cucumbers, sun dried peppers, and feta. Store sealed jars in the fridge up to 4 days!
- Serve: When you’re ready to serve, empty the jar into a bowl. Stir to combine. Voila!
I love dill, and I never measure it exactly. For those who do want to measure, I would guess my “handful” is equal to a loose 1/4 cup! Same for the parsley.
This is also delicious made with whole wheat orzo or other cooked pasta!
I like to add some finishing touches, too – extra salt and pepper, more lemon juice, fresh greens, and maybe some sunflower seeds for crunch! Yummy!
You can totally add some cooked chickpeas, lentils, a piece of grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp added to the salad after it’s all mixed (as pictured). Personally I would wait to add the chicken/shrimp until just serving so the salad jars stay fresher for longer!