This Super Easy Slow Cooker Pork goes with anything and can be made with a short ingredient list! Includes a trick for browning the meat to perfection.
- 3 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 cup soda (I used Sprite)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic dressing
- Place the pork, soda, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- When the meat falls apart easily, shred it directly in the crockpot with two forks. Add the balsamic dressing and stir with the liquid in the crockpot. The meat should be saucy and moist.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (or use the broil setting if you have that) and transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with foil. Spread it in an even, thin layer and cook in the preheated oven until the juices are bubbling and the edges are crispy, 10-15 minutes (less time if you have a broil setting).
- Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy on sandwiches, with a baked potato, or however else you want to enjoy it.
Notes: You can also whisk the juice of one orange and a spoonful of honey together and drizzle it over the meat before broiling for an extra flavorful browned exterior. Bjork wanted his “plain”, but I liked the tangy-sweet combo.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker pork, crockpot pork, easy pork recipe