Avocado Shrimp Salad packed with chilled poached shrimp, fresh dill, creamy avocado, and a nice big lemon drench.
- 1/2 lb. shrimp (tails removed)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
- squeeze of one lemon
- half of a small cucumber (diced)
- a pinch of fresh dill
- a pinch of chives
- Poach the shrimp: Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the shrimp. Cook for 3-5 minutes until pink and opaque. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. When cooled, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Avocado mixture: Mash the avocado. Season with salt, lemon, and garlic powder if you want.
- Assemble: Toss shrimp, avocado mix, cucumber, and herbs together. Season to taste. Eat on the deck in the summer with a cold coconut water and feel like a million bucks!
I usually buy a full pound of shrimp and cook all of it, but then I make it into salad in two batches. The salad doesn’t keep well, but the extra cooked shrimp will do great for a day or two in the fridge.
Sometimes I add some chopped fresh spinach to this salad to kind of bulk it up a little bit and get some extra greens in my life.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado shrimp salad, shrimp salad, summer salad