This crustless Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie is so incredibly simple to make and it’s the perfect way to enjoy summer produce!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- half of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 large zucchini, sliced very thinly (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I used both Mozzarella and Swiss)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. While the veggies saute, cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled for a few minutes, stir in the basil, oregano, salt, cheese, and the beaten eggs. Line a pie pan (9-inch or larger) with parchment paper or just grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan. Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice. Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
It will bubble up a little bit as it bakes, so put a pan under to catch drips if it’s really full. Also, there was a little extra watery-ness (about 2 tablespoons) in the bottom of my pan when I sliced it, but the pieces held together perfectly so NBD. I think the moisture could be prevented by just being a little more patient before cutting. I sprinkled mine with fresh herbs (parsley and cilantro) like I always do on everything. Basil would also be yummy.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn and zucchini pie, zucchini pie, summer zucchini corn pie