This tex-mex taco salad is so easy to make and full of delicious flavors, textures, and colors. Topped with tex-mex style ground beef.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3–4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 16-ounce can black beans
- 2–3 ounces Pepperjack Velveeta
- fresh spinach or lettuce
- fresh salsa
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- tortilla chips, crushed
- sour cream
- Saute onion with a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When soft and fragrant, add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink. Drain most of the grease from the pan. Add seasoning and water; stir until thickened slightly.
- Add Velveeta in small pieces; mix until melted. Add black beans and stir until combined. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Assemble salads with beef/bean mixture, fresh salsa, cheese crumbles, crushed tortillas, and sour cream.
Other possible add-ins would be bell peppers, corn, or avocados!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: tex mex taco salad, mexican salad, taco salad