The Very Best Peanut Sauce! Smooth, drizzle-able, garlicky, and gingery with a good spicy sesame kick. Perfect for noodles, salads, protein, or as a dipping sauce!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (toasted or dark)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek or chili paste (this is where the “spicy” comes in, so add to taste)
- 2–3 tablespoons sugar, honey, or agave
- a small knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- a clove of fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup of water
- Blend all the sauce ingredients together in a small blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Find everything in your house that can be dunked in this ridiculously good sauce and then get to work.
VEGAN: No adaptations needed.
GLUTEN FREE: Use tamari or coconut aminos in place of soy sauce.
SUB FOR PB: You can use almond butter! It’s delicious.
KEEPS IN THE FRIDGE: About 1 week.
CAN I SKIP THE SUGAR: Sure. I prefer it with sugar but you can skip it.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: peanut sauce, thai peanut sauce, easy peanut sauce