You’re in for a treat with this delicious Three Cheese Baked Gnocchi! Tender gnocchi blanketed in a creamy tomato sauce, speckled with fresh spinach and bites of melty cheese. Gorgeous!
Simple Delicious Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- quarter of an onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- 12 ounces DeLallo Passata Tomato Purée
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- torn basil
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- one 16-ounce package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi (I used shelf-stable gnocchi but frozen would also work)
- a handful of baby spinach
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Parmesan cheese
- Make the sauce: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté until translucent and fragrant. Add passata and water or broth; bring to a low simmer. Add torn basil, mascarpone, and salt. YUM.
- Bake it up: Add gnocchi and spinach. Stir to coat evenly with sauce. Top with mozzarella slices and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until gooey and light golden brown on top. Serve with more basil. THE END. That’s it. You’re in heaven.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: baked gnocchi, passata recipe, gnocchi recipe