These lettuce wraps are ridiculously good! Crunchy, fresh, and packed with tofu, brown rice, crispy onions, plus a drizzle of peanut sauce and spicy mayo. Delicious!
- olive oil
- One 14-ounce block extra firm tofu – minimally pressed to remove water
- about 2 cups cooked brown rice and/or quinoa or other grains – I use the 8.5 ounce precooked packages so it’s very, very easy
- butter lettuce or leaf lettuce for wrapping
- spicy mayo (see notes)
- crispy onions or chopped cashews / peanuts for topping
SOS Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- a squirt of Sriracha or other chile sauce if you want
If you have a bit more time, you can also use this amazing homemade peanut sauce.
- Cook the tofu: Heat a few swishes of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the tofu and crumble in the pan. Cook until slightly browned.
- Add rice and sauce: Add the rice and most of the sauce to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes or so – just enough to get some browning / light caramelization and get everything nice and yummy. Season with salt to taste.
- Fill and serve: Spoon your tofu and brown rice filling into crispy little pieces of lettuce. Top with something crunchy (peanuts? crispy onions?) and something creamy (spicy mayo all the way) and drizzle with a little extra sauce, and now tell me this isn’t your favorite meal of the week.
Spicy Mayo: I usually just mix about 1/4 cup mayo with about 1 tablespoon sriracha. But super easy to make it more or less spicy depending on your heat tolerance!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lettuce wraps, vegan lettuce wraps, tofu lettuce wraps