These triple chocolate party balls are my all-time favorite party food! They’re truffles made with chocolate, rum, and crushed shortbread.
- 3 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup liqueur of choice (I used rum)
- chocolate candy coating (or almond bark) for dipping
- Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix well until a “dough” forms.
- Freeze dough for 30 minutes, or until hard enough to form balls. Break off small pieces and roll between your palms until you have lots of small truffle-sized balls. Re-freeze until ready to dip.
- Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler. Dip each frozen ball in the chocolate. Set to dry on wax paper.
Liqueur suggestions: Bailey’s, Kahlua, rum, or bourbon.
I like to eat these frozen or refrigerated, but you can also serve them at room temperature.
Mix it up by using white or dark chocolate! I used dark chocolate chips – yum!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate truffles, chocolate dessert bites, kahlua chocolate dessert