These Vegan Mega-Burritos are stuffed with a sweet potato, cauliflower, and walnut taco meat filling, plus the usual suspects of avocado, salsa, and a heavy thwap of vegan cashew queso! Versatile, quick to make, and seriously SO GOOD.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower walnut taco meat
- 1/2 cup water
- mashed avocado
- large flour tortillas
- vegan queso, or cheese (if you’re not all-out vegan)
- Filling: Start with your sweet potatoes in a skillet with a swish of oil and salt. Saute until fork-tender. Add prepared cauliflower walnut taco meat and just enough water to get it looking nice and saucy and taco-meaty.
- Assemble: Stuff a flour tortilla with mashed avocado, cauliflower walnut filling, salsa, cilantro, and queso or cheese. Roll, wrap, fry in a skillet… whatever suits your fancy. The Mega-Burrito says YOU DO YOU!
If you use a sweet potato, chop it up small so the pieces cook faster! You don’t have to use sweet potatoes. Try carrots, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, you name it! The cauliflower walnut meat would be good as a filling in and of itself, so if you’re really in a rush, you don’t have to add the sweet potatoes or any other veggies for that matter. I just like to add veggies to bulk it up and add some extra nutrition.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Tex Mex