Punchy, salty, bright green sauce packed with fresh basil, chives, garlic, and a bit of oregano. This sauce can be poured out just about anything!
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives (can sub green onions)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional, but very good)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup mayo (more as needed to keep it creamy)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt, to taste (add this at the end, after you taste it so you can see if you actually want it or not – I always do, but I love salt!)
- Place all your sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor. (I use this mini chopper for the vast majority of my sauces because it’s nice and compact!)
- Blend until you get your desired consistency – I usually go for an almost-completely-smooth texture that is flecked with small bits of herbs.
Taste and adjust! More lemon juice will wake it up, Parmesan adds more umami and saltiness, and if it gets too salty for you, add a bit more mayo to dilute the pungency a bit!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: basil sauce, basil dressing