This Rainbow Quinoa Salad is packed with colorful, nutritious ingredients! Works perfect to make ahead in Mason jars for easy lunches.
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 2 cups chopped pickled or regular cooked beets
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped pistachios
- 2 cups chopped Opal apples
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- a handful of green onions or fresh herbs if you want
- dressing of choice (see notes)
- For Mason jar salads, layer in order: 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup beets, 1/4 cup pomegranate arils, 1 ounce goat cheese, 2 tablespoons pistachios, herbs, 1/2 cup apples, and 1/2 cup spinach. Store in the fridge for as long as 4-5 days. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing.
- If not making in Mason jars, toss everything together and serve immediately. I also recommend saving some pomegranate arils, crushed pistachios, and crumbled goat cheese to make it look pretty on top. 😀
I used a store-bought Champagne vinaigrette which was so, so delicious with all the salty-sweet-crunchiness in this salad. That being said, there are so many flavors and textures here that just a little olive oil and balsamic would be light and perfect.