15 Minute Cauliflower Fried Rice – healthy + clean fried rice made with cauliflower, carrots, onions, garlic, eggs/tofu, and sesame oil! Vegetarian / vegan / gluten free.
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 beaten eggs (use scrambled tofu for vegan)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (use tamari for GF)
- 6 green onions, minced
- PREP CAULIFLOWER: Shred cauliflower using the largest side of a grater OR by just pulsing some rough cut pieces in a food processor; the end product should resemble smallish grains of rice.
- STIR FRY: Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the carrots and garlic and stir fry until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, edamame, and remaining sesame oil to the pan; stir fry quickly to cook the cauliflower to a soft (but not mushy) texture.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: Make a well in the middle, turn the heat down, and add the eggs. Stir gently and continuously until the eggs are fully cooked. Stir in the soy sauce and green onions just before serving.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
This recipe tastes best the same day, in my opinion. The cauliflower just gets so overly cauliflower-smelling when you have it as leftovers.
For the sauce on top, I just whisked equal parts soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and oyster sauce together and drizzled it over top with sesame seeds. I like a little pretty flair like that.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: cauliflower fried rice, healthy fried rice, cauliflower rice