These vegetarian meatballs are incredibly easy and super versatile! Packed with cauliflower, quinoa, brown rice, garlic, and spices. Stockpile these in your freezer and your future self will thank you.
- a 10–12 oz bag of cauliflower rice or 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa and/or brown rice (I use one 8.5-ounce package of a pre-cooked blend – see FAQs)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1–2 teaspoons spices to taste (chili powder, paprika, and/or cumin will work)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil to brush over the top
- Cauliflower and Rice: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Steam the cauliflower rice according to package directions in the microwave. Do the same for the rice so it’s warm and soft. (If using cauliflower florets, boil until tender and drain.)
- Mix: Pulse the cauliflower and quinoa through a food processor until semi-smooth (see pictures for texture). Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and combine with all other ingredients. Stir until everything is incorporated. Roll into small balls (about one heaping tablespoon per ball was best for me).
- Cook: Brush generously with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with yummy sauces, salads, bowls, or freeze for later!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetarian meatballs, cauliflower meatballs, meatless meatballs