The perfect summery quinoa salad – fresh corn, buttery avocado, nutty quinoa, juicy marinated tomatoes, and tons of fresh herbs. SO GOOD.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 ears raw sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1–2 cups marinated tomatoes and their juices
- 1 shallot, minced
- lots of fresh cilantro and chives, minced
- 1–2 limes, juice and zest
- olive oil to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese (optional)
- 1–2 avocados, diced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Toss cooled quinoa with corn, tomatoes and juice, shallots, herbs, lime juice and zest, olive oil, and salt.
- The mixture will hold up pretty well for a few hours in the fridge (or even for a day or two, if you don’t mind that it will look a little less perky). Wait to toss in your avocado and cheese just before serving for optimal freshness, and if it’s been sitting for a while, give it one more salt / oil / lime juice treatment to wake it all up. YUMYUMYUM.
If you’re using regular tomatoes instead of marinated tomatoes, you’ll want to add some fresh grated garlic, salt, and olive oil to compensate for the missing juices!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn salad, quinoa salad, tomato salad, summer salad, salad for potluck, cookout recipe