Cozy Homemade Peppermint Mocha! Creamy, minty, rich dark chocolate… SO yummy. Cozy up, grab a blanket and a book, and get your December on.
For the Mint Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves OR 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or a combination of both)
For the Mocha
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Nespresso Altissio espresso capsule
- whipped cream
- crushed candy canes
- Bring the water to a low boil. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the mint or peppermint extract and steep for 10-15 minutes (heat off or on low) until the syrup has good flavor to it. Remove the mint leaves and store in the refrigerator for future peppermint mochas. 🙂
- Heat the milk and unsweetened chocolate together until melted (could be in the microwave or on the stovetop).
- Prepare one espresso capsule and add the milk mixture and 2-3 tablespoons mint syrup. Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
If you don’t like such a strong espresso taste, mix this with some regular coffee – we love Nespresso’s new limited edition coffee capsules: Swiss Chocolate!
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade peppermint mocha, peppermint mocha, peppermint hot chocolate