Cozy Homemade Peppermint Mocha! Creamy, minty, rich dark chocolate… SO yummy. Cozy up, grab a blanket and a book, and get your holidays on.
For the Mint Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves OR 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or a combination of both)
For the Mocha
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate bar or baking bar (not cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- whipped cream
- crushed candy canes
- Bring the water to a low boil. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the mint or peppermint extract and steep for 10-15 minutes (heat off or on low) until the syrup has good flavor to it. Remove the mint leaves and store in the refrigerator for future peppermint mochas. 🙂
- Heat the milk and unsweetened chocolate together until melted (could be in the microwave or on the stovetop).
- Add the milk mixture to a glass jar. Put a cap on the jar and wrap with a towel (the metal lid will get hot). Shake until foamy.
- Pour the milk mixture into a mug. Stir in the coffee and 2-3 tablespoons of mint syrup. Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Brew
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade peppermint mocha, peppermint mocha, peppermint hot chocolate, cozy drinks