This post is sponsored by Nespresso! Rich, dreamy, mocha-loving Nespresso.
Is it just me or have peppermint mochas taken over December life?
There is just no fighting it – it’s early morning, it’s cold outside, the wool mittens have made their annual appearance, we’re driving to work, and Christmas music is on the radio. Like, AS IF there is any restraint when it comes to a Peppermint Mocha pit stop. As if.
The baristas always get a little annoyed with me because I’m one of those people who has a super particular order that takes at least 15 sentences to communicate (full fat, no whip, and half the amount of syrup and chocolate) (if you’re a barista, I’m so sorry for my ways), but nevertheless, the December morning peppermint mocha is always, always, always worth it.
That first creamy, minty, rich dark chocolate sip? YASSSS.
I’ve developed something of a habit, which is great, but it also means that I now cannot start my day without a peppermint mocha. I mean, like, even if it’s totally ridiculous and out of my way to find one, it must be done. This is my dilemma.
But friends! Good news of great joy!
On the days that we mocha-lovers DON’T drive to work and we want to stay home in our PJs instead of venturing out for the must-have coffee shop drink of the season, there is now a cozy 10-minute homemade alternative that can be prepped to our very own liking with no looks from the baristas.
Christmas Miracle? I think so.
What we are dealing with here are deliciously decadent peppermint mochas made at home with my Nespresso VertuoLine Evoluo machine and about five simple ingredients in ten minutes or less. Featuring:
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Homemade Mint Simple Syrup which will blow your mind with its ease of prep
- Nespresso VertuoLine Espresso or Coffee (buuut do the espresso)
- Whipped Cream + Candy Cane toppings bcz we’re divas
Friends, the Nespresso Evoluo is really going to elevate the status of this mocha. How else are you going to get espresso at home? The high-quality espresso is the key element for making this taste as good if not BETTER than the coffee shop version.
And Nespresso sources from the top 1-2% of the world’s coffee beans, so taste is 👌👌👌.
Maybe even more importantly, Nespresso is committed to having a positive impact on the environment, farmers, consumers and society as a whole. The capsules are made of aluminum and are infinitely recyclable. They offer three options for recycling including 500 drop off points at Nespresso Boutiques and retail partners and over 88,000 UPS dropoff locations around the US.
Um, SAY WHAT. Guys, this is not your average single-serve coffee situation.
We use our Nespresso VertuoLine Evoluo daily for both espresso and coffee, and these days we are cranking out A LOT of peppermint mochas with that dreamy espresso.
I mean, JUST A THOUGHT.
This peppermint mocha should probably come with a warning: BEWARE. HABIT FORMING. NO TURNING BACK. But you knew that already, right? Ain’t nobody got time for warnings when there’s a peppermint mocha to be had.
Cozy up, grab a blanket and a book, and get your December on. Oooooh, it just gives me the happy chills!
If you want to know more about Nespresso, check out their Experience a cup above campaign.
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves OR 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or a combination of both)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Nespresso Altissio espresso capsule
- whipped cream
- crushed candy canes
- Bring the water to a low boil. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the mint or peppermint extract and steep for 10-15 minutes (heat off or on low) until the syrup has good flavor to it. Remove the mint leaves and store in the refrigerator for future peppermint mochas. 🙂
- Heat the milk and unsweetened chocolate together until melted (could be in the microwave or on the stovetop).
- Prepare one espresso capsule and add the milk mixture and 2-3 tablespoons mint syrup. Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
This post was sponsored by Nespresso!