Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry – packed with nutrition! our favorite easy, healthy, winter comfort food recipe. vegetarian and vegan. | pinchofyum.com
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons curry paste (see notes)
- 1 14-ounce can regular coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup broth or water
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts and cilantro
- fish sauce to taste
- Start your rice, if you’re serving this over rice (highly recommend)!
- Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the shallots and stir fry until soft and fragrant. Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat with oil. Add the curry paste and stir until well-combined.
- Add the coconut milk and broth and let it simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes until thickened. Stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Add half of the peanut/cilantro mixture; reserve the rest for topping. Add a quick splash of fish sauce to the curry to make the whole thing just sing harmony in your mouth. Yummy.
- Serve over rice, topped with remaining peanuts/cilantro.
For some reason, I am loving the taste of combining red curry paste and yellow curry paste in this! I’ve made it with both strictly red and strictly yellow and they’re both great as well.
If you are a curry lover, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make yourself some homemade yellow curry paste. It’s amazing. This recipe uses familiar ingredients and works perfectly for quick last-minute batches of curry if you keep it in the freezer!
For vegetarian/vegan option, just double check that your curry paste is compliant or make your own. Also, obviously, omit the fish sauce.
Nutrition is for 1 out of 5 servings, not including rice or fish sauce.