These vegetarian tacos have a deliciously satisfying black bean filling with fresh salsa and seasonings all tucked into a golden crispy tortilla and served alongside a cool and creamy cilantro lime sauce. YUM!
Crispy Black Bean Tacos
- 1 (14 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4-ish cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- small flour tortillas
- olive oil or butter for frying
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- juice of
- (sub avocado to keep it dairy free / vegan)
- Blend all ingredients in the cilantro lime sauce until smooth-ish. Set aside.
- In a food processor or chopper, blend the beans, salsa, and taco seasoning. Transfer to a skillet with a drizzle of oil and cook it up long enough to soften the flavors of the garlic and / or onions in the salsa. About 5 minutes is fine.
- Spread a few tablespoons of black bean filling into a flour tortilla. Fold in half. Repeat until the filling is used up (about 6-8 tacos).
- Heat some oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat. Fry in a skillet over medium heat, until crispy and golden brown. Dip in cilantro lime sauce. Serve with chips and salsa and a mid-week margarita. You’re welcome.
Your taco seasoning decision is an important one! They all have varying levels of salt as well as different spices that come through more or less depending on the blend. I am not too picky and will use any grocery store brand I can get my hands on, but one of my favorite next-level taco-seasoning-style blends is called Wow-a Chihuahua. It’s not salted, so you’ll just need to add salt to the recipe if you have a salt-free taco seasoning.
Same goes for the salsa – since there are so few ingredients, the brands you use really impact the end result in terms of flavor. My FAVORITE salsa is called Mateo’s – I can eat so much of this salsa (like, an unadvisable about), plus it’s great in recipes like this one. I like the medium one. I also really love all the Frontera salsas, which they sell at ALDI!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: black bean tacos, vegetarian taco recipe, cilantro lime sauce