Egg Waffles with Romesco and Goat Cheese! Light puffy scrambled eggs loaded with lots of cheese, veggies, bacon (if you want), romesco sauce, and any other toppings you can imagine.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hashbrowns (or just a grated potato works, too)
- 1/4 cup bacon or pancetta or cooked sausage (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- a few shakes of garlic powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup spinach, torn or cut into small pieces (optional)
- a couple little pieces of cheddar cheese to put on top (for extra cheesy-golden-brown spots)
Egg Waffle Toppings
- goat cheese
- peppers and garlic confit
- romesco sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- hot sauce!
- Mix the base ingredients together for your egg waffles.
- Pour about 1/2-3/4 cup onto a nonstick waffle maker (depending on the size of yours). I usually spray mine with cooking spray, but that isn’t always necessary if the nonstick is really good.
- Place the cheese chunks on top and put the lid down. When the light goes off to signal that it’s done, check that the eggs are cooked, veggies are soft, and cheese is golden on top. Remove carefully to a plate. (Mine is usually golden with soft veggies in just 1-2 minutes, but if yours isn’t done yet, just flip it or give it another minute.)
- Top with all your toppings! I like goat cheese and pepper and garlic confit, romesco, avocado, and chives, and lots of salt and pepper. My little girls like ketchup. We all win!
Mexican-inspired variation: black beans, Mexican-style cheese, avocado, sour cream, salsa
Broccoli-cheese variation: cooked rice, minced cooked broccoli, bacon, cheese, garlic and onion powder
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg waffle, egg recipe, chaffle recipe