Romesco Sauce! Roasted red peppers, plum tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and a squeeze of lemon juice? Put this on everything = food goals achieved.
Here’s the deal. This beautiful thing I’m showing you is called Romesco Sauce and it is in the business of saving the Summer Meal.
You know, the Summer Meal for the day where you’ve been outside all day or a lot of the day or, to be honest, none of the day (!!!!) which means that now it’s 6pm and you need to get outside ASAP because SUMMER IS AMAZING. It’s the day when the best possible meal would be one that could involve as little time as possible indoors.
Related Terms –> Grills. Sunsets. Margs. Chicken. Brats. Veggies. Sangria. Decks. Potatoes. Burgers. Juicy Lucys (Minnesota represent). Friends. Music. Smores. Bonfires. Help I can’t stop drinking romesco sauce.
Let’s get this happening up in your life right. now.
Do you have a blender? And do you have a small spatula to preserve every last lick? Awesome – then we are set.
Plop these items in your blender (guys for once in our lives, not the food processor because JUST SAYING it might maybe explode all over your white kitchen which would make this more like 20 minute bad mood Romesco Sauce). Give them a go-round a few times till everything gets nice and friendly with each other:
- Roasted red peppers – you can make your own and we’ll all be proud of you! but it’s summer and the whole point here is to NOT spend a ton of time in the kitchen so the rest of us will be over here with our jarred roasted red peppers and we’ll be proud of ourselves, too.
- Plum tomatoes – canned is nice because they don’t get quite as watery and frothy, but HECK YES it’s summer and HECK YES there are tomatoes growing in your garden and HECK YES you can use them here.
- Almonds – they make it more textured and more thickened and generally just satisfying and interesting. which is just how I like my food.
- Olive oil – we’re talking creamy-like emulsion here. DREAMS COMING TRUE.
- Lemon juice, Garlic, Parsley, Salt
And just like that, you made the ultimate sauce with which you can create hundreds of summer meals. YOU ROCK!
Do we even need to talk about what this sauce could be paired with or is your mind already spinning with ideas? (Leave a comment I’m greedy for your ideas 👇 )
Most recently, I had this Romesco Sauce over chicken mozzarella meatballs (but for real) and crispy potatoes which basically makes the BEST combo for meal prep. In case you’re wondering, I made broccoli to go with it which conveniently got charred to a crisp and wasn’t able to join the party. Some things are just not meant to be, amiright?
Romesco Sauce plus poached eggs sound pretty amazing, as does grilled chicken slash grilled ANYTHING with a shmear of this over top.
This is the lifesaver of the Summer Meal and I think you’re going to love it because around here we are lovers of all the sauces. Cheers to you and your Romesco Sauce adventures. Go forth and be saucy!
Romesco Sauce! ready in 5 minutes and perfect for serving with grilled chicken, vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs, and more. Made with roasted red peppers, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, parsley. vegan / vegetarian.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 4-5 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- Pulse everything together in a blender until it’s texturally right for you (I like it right between chunky and smooth – I leave a little texture with the almonds, but it’s mostly a smooth emulsion).
- Serve hot or cold with grilled chicken and vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs… the possibilities are endless.
Use with grilled meat and veggies, crispy potatoes (my favorite!), eggs, and more.
You can used sliced almonds but since you’ll be able to pack more into a cup, use about 3/4 cup vs. the whole almonds where you would use a full cup.
This is a very forgiving recipe. Add or subtract as you like, but note that the almonds help thicken the whole thing so don’t omit those!
MORE MIND-BLOWING SAUCES:
One last note – our membership community Food Blogger Pro is currently OPEN for registration! We only have two 10-day enrollment periods each year and this current enrollment period will be closing on June 2nd at 10pm CST.
I LOVE this community so dearly – it’s a one-stop shop for getting all your questions answered, step-by-step information on how to start and grow a blog (like, 300 tutorial videos in the library – !!!), and maybe even best of all, it’s a place to get connected with others for networking and friendship within this often lonely niche of online work. We share what’s working and not working for overcoming our challenges in this fast-moving industry and we keep each other on top of our blogging game.
8 days left to register, $29/month, no contracts or long-term commitment required.