Romesco Sauce! Ready in 5 minutes and perfect for serving with grilled chicken, vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs, and more. Made with roasted red peppers, plum tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, parsley. vegan / vegetarian.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 small plum tomatoes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- Pulse everything together in a blender until it’s texturally right for you (I like it right between chunky and smooth – I leave a little texture with the almonds, but it’s mostly a smooth emulsion).
- Serve hot or cold with grilled chicken and vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs… the possibilities are endless.
You can used sliced almonds but since you’ll be able to pack more into a cup, use about 3/4 cup vs. the whole almonds where you would use a full cup. This is a very forgiving recipe. Add or subtract as you like, but the almonds do help thicken the whole thing so don’t omit those!
If you have a nut allergy, try sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds instead.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: romesco sauce, easy romesco sauce