Five Minute Single Serving Apple Crisp with a wholesome oat, pecan, and coconut oil topping. Made super fast in the microwave! No oven required.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (divided)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 apples (about 2 cups chopped)
- honey for drizzling
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Stir in the oats, pecans, 2 tablespoons of the whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the salt. Mix until well combined.
- Chop the apples and toss them with 1/2 tablespoon of the whole wheat flour, 1/2 tablespoon of the sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Layer a little spoonful of the oat mixture in the bottom of two 9 ounce ramekins or mugs. Top with about 1 cup of the chopped apples and heap the remaining oat mixture over the top. Microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds – the apples should be bubbling and the whole thing will reduce in size. Remove and let stand until cool enough to eat. Be careful because it’s going to be really hot at first! Also, the texture improves as it rests and cools. Drizzle with honey for an extra gooey kind of texture. Yum!
You can make both at the same time and then save the second one to reheat later. I just wrapped it with foil and left it on the counter for the next morning (any longer than 12 hours and I would put it in the fridge). I actually preferred the texture of the second one even though it’s “day old” because the oats are little softer.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple crisp, microwave apple crisp, single serving apple crisp