This simple fruit pizza is beautiful and delicious! A soft sugar cookie crust with a cream cheese frosting and topped with sliced fruit.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- assorted fresh fruit cut into slices
- Beat the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds. Chill the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll chilled dough into one big cookie and place on a round baking stone. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons sugar. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Let cool; chill in fridge.
- Mix frosting ingredients together and spread on chilled cookie. Chill again to set and thicken the frosting.
- Top with fresh fruit. Cut into slices and serve!
We LOVED that the dough was slightly underbaked, but if that’s not your thing, bake the dough for an additional 5-10 minutes.