Fruit pizza. Hello, hi, I love you.
This fruit pizza starts with a slightly doughy jumbo sugar cookie, which already seems like it can’t get any better, but buckle up. It’s about to get WAY wild in here.
The Prettiest Fruit Pizza Ever!
The jumbo sugar cookie is intentionally underbaked so it stays nice and soft and doughy (SAY NO MORE I am here for this). It’s topped with a cream cheese frosting – repeat: cream cheese frosting – and then it’s decorated with juicy, colorful fruit in a meticulous rainbow pattern.
You guys know I give zero anythings about fancy-looking food. I am an anti-food-decorator. Just put it all in a bowl and give me a fork. That is my motto.
Breaking My Own Rule
But this might be my one exception. It’s not actually hard at all – you just layer the fruit slices in a pretty pattern, and I swear, people will think you are straight-up Martha Stewart. Including yourself.
And somehow that soft-baked sugar cookie + cream cheese frosting combo does, in fact, taste better when the sliced fruit on top is just a little prettier.
You better be grammin this moment.
This fruit pizza is strangely popular with the guys in my family – like, all of them are obsessed? – and I don’t know if that has to do with the underbaked sugar cookie crust, or the cream cheese frosting layer, or the fact that it has just the right amount of Midwestern retro to it?
Guy/girl, Midwestern, retro or not, doesn’t even matter.
This fruit pizza is just straight guuuud.
Fruit Pizza: FAQs
We LOVED that the dough was slightly underbaked, but if that’s not your thing, bake the dough for an additional 3-5 minutes. You can also use a tube of store-bought sugar cookie dough.
You can make the dough gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. A 1:1 sub with Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Flour worked great for me.
Use the top halves of the grapes so they are round and smooth!
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
This simple fruit pizza is beautiful and delicious! A soft sugar cookie crust with a cream cheese frosting and topped with sliced fruit. So simple and oh-so good!
Sugar Cookie Crust:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 7–10 strawberries, sliced
- 5–6 kiwis, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 small bunch of grapes, halved
- Make the Crust: Mix the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. (You can use an electric mixer or just mix with a spoon if your butter is melted.) Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Bake the Crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 14-inch pizza pan or round baking stone, or line with parchment. Roll the chilled dough out onto it, leaving some space around the edge. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Make the Cream Cheese Frosting: Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cooled cookie crust and chill again to firm up the frosting.
- Make It Fancy: Top with fruit! See post for designs.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit pizza, sugar cookie crust, fresh fruit pizza
This fruit pizza was originally published back in 2012, and we’ve updated the recipe and pictures to reflect the new (and improved) recipe. We recommend using this recipe, but if you are looking to make the older version, you can find a printable version here.
Healthy Fruit Pizza
This is a variation on fruit pizza that is made with a raw crust (dates / nuts) and a creamy coconut milk and honey filling. It’s also no-bake fruit pizza which is great in the summer.
Fruit Pizza Designs
Here are four other fruit pizza designs that we made on our team! Super fun to play around with ways to decorate a fruit pizza – the options are endless.
More Fruity Favorites
- Springy Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Blueberry Orange Brunch Cake with Agave and Pistachios
- Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Bowls
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of easy dessert recipes. Check it out!