These healthy cinnamon roll pancakes are made with whole grain pancakes, a pumpkin-walnut cinnamon filling and a Greek yogurt frosting.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup bran cereal (I used All Bran original, measured then crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk (I used 1% milk with a little vinegar)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can use canned, not pie filling)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground walnuts or bran
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- additional walnuts for topping
- Mix the first 7 ingredients (flour through egg whites) until well-combined. Pour 1/4 cup batter on a medium-heat griddle and cook until bubbly; flip and cook again until light golden brown and cooked through.
- Stir together pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add ground walnuts or bran if the filling needs to be thicker. Place a in baggie, snip the corner, and spiral filling on the tops of the pancakes.
- Whisk Greek yogurt and honey until smooth. Place in a baggie, snip the corner, and drizzle over pancakes in a zigzag pattern. Top with additional walnuts.
One serving is 2 large pancakes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pancake recipe, cinnamon roll recipe, cinnamon roll pancake, healthy pancake recipe