Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore! Braised Italian chicken in saucy pasta-friendly form that is bright, acidic, rich, and savory. Just put everything in the Instant Pot and let it go!
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore:
- 2 tablespoons Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flour and salt (for chicken)
- 1 – 1.5 pounds Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or Simply Nature Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 28 ounce can Simply Nature Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces capers, rinsed and drained (okay I like capers a lot so sometimes I add two jars – whoops)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- parsley, lemon and Parmesan for serving (optional)
- capellini for serving
- Dredge the chicken in flour and a pinch of salt. Turn on the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Add oil, and sauté the chicken for a few minutes on each side. Remove and set aside (it’s okay if they’re not cooked all the way).
- Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until softened. Add wine and let it sizzle out.
- Add chicken and all other ingredients to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Release the pressure.
- Shred the chicken. Stir in the capers, butter, parsley and lemon.
- Serve with angel hair pasta (for a little extra zazz, toss it with lemon juice and butter). Top the whole thing with more parsley and Parmesan. You did it!
Chicken: I prefer chicken thighs, but chicken breasts also work really well.
Freezing: You can freeze this before or after cooking. If cooking from frozen (raw), you’ll need to cook it for an additional 10-or-so minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
Capellini: If you are doing Sugar Free January and trying to avoid refined grains, you could serve this with whole wheat spaghetti or zucchini noodles instead.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken cacciatore, instant pot, chicken dinner, pasta dinner, chicken pasta