Instant Pot Italian Beef! Just a few minutes to prep and totally hands-off to make. Tender shredded beef, crusty buttered bread, melted provolone, salty tangy giardiniera, and some broth to dunk it all in. YES.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- half an onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup brine from the giardiniera (optional)
- 6 (6-inch) crusty hoagie or sandwich rolls
- DeLallo Giardiniera – hot or mild, either works
- Sliced provolone
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for about 60 minutes. Natural pressure release for 10-20 minutes.
- Shred the beef (it should fall apart very easily when pulled with a fork). Save the broth / juices in the Instant Pot.
- Layer each side of your bun with a slice of Provolone and place under the broiler until melty. Top with the beef and giardiniera.
- Serve the hot sandwiches with a little dipping bowl of the broth so you can dunk your sandwich in and experience true soppy, cheesy, crusty, tangy Italian beef sandwich bliss.
Cook time will be dependent on how big your chunks were – small cubes will be good to go in 45 minutes but bigger chunks will need 60 minutes.
Crockpot Instructions: Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
I like to have smaller pieces of giardiniera on my sandwich so I usually run a big knife through all the pieces to get a more chopped texture.
Freezer Meal Version
- Freeze Together:
3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed + cut into chunks
3 cloves garlic, minced
half an onion, diced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add 2 ½ cups broth and ¼ cup giardiniera brine before cooking. High pressure 75 mins + 15 mins natural release.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Add 2 ½ cups broth and ¼ cup giardiniera brine before cooking. High setting 6 hours (thaw first).
- Final Step: Serve on toasted rolls with melted cheese and giardiniera!
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Instant Pot, Italian food, weeknight dinner, easy dinner, beef, sandwiches