Guess what’s for dinner? Creamy, spicy, delicious red curry lentils, made in the Instant Pot. This is the BEST easy, filling, healthy dinner!
Into The Instant Pot:
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- one 1-inch knob of ginger, minced
- a few good shakes of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (more to taste)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (optional)
- cilantro for garnishing
- rice for serving
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Natural pressure release (meaning just let it sit) for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and butter. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with rice, top with cilantro, and be amazed at the yumminess of the humble little lentil.
What to serve with: I often serve this with some extras – like, whatever produce we have hanging around in the fridge. Roasted bell peppers, slices of mango, avocado chunks… this is a very flexible recipe and works great as the base of a healthy and delicious fridge-clean-out bowl!
Crockpot Version: Follow this recipe.
Stovetop Version: Follow this recipe.
Freezing: This recipe freezes super well, cooked OR uncooked. I froze mine, uncooked, without liquids (just lentils, onion, garlic, ginger, spices) and then added the water and tomato sauce when I cooked it. Timing should be the same either way!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: instant pot red curry lentils, red curry lentils, red curry recipe