We’re taking these Loaded BBQ Baked Potatoes to the max! Perfectly overstuffed with a creamy garlic herb spinach and potato mixture and loaded up with BBQ chicken, pan-roasted mushrooms, bleu cheese crumbles, crispy onions, and chives.
- 2 russet potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- a sprinkle of garlic power, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic herb spreadable cheese, or garlic herb goat cheese
- a handful of fresh spinach
- optional toppings: chives, crunchy onions, bleu cheese crumbles
- Bake Potatoes: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Poke potatoes with a fork; place on a sheet pan and roast for 60 minutes.
- Bake Mushrooms and Chicken: Place mushrooms and chicken on a sheet pan. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with spices to taste. Roast for 30 minutes. Shred chicken. Toss both with BBQ sauce. (Optional: to get the mushrooms a little extra yummy, put them back in the oven for 5 minutes or so with the sauce on them.)
- Mix Filling: Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out some of the flesh, but leave a thin layer around the outside skins so the potatoes will still stand on their own. Mix potato flesh with garlic herb spreadable cheese and spinach, until creamy and spinach is wilted. You can add a little oil, water, or milk if you need to thin it out a bit. Season with salt and pepper.
- Load Em Up: Use the spinach filling to fill the potato skins back up. Top with mushrooms and chicken, more BBQ sauce, and any toppings you love (like, all of them).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: baked potatoes, stuffed potatoes, bbq baked potatoes