This is recipe for coconut and sugar coated Filipino palitaw from the orphanage in the Philippines where I lived and worked for a year.
- 4 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 cups water
- sugar for dusting
- shredded coconut for dusting
- Mix the glutinous rice flour with the water until a thick, sticky mixture forms. Roll into small balls.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the glutinous rice balls and boil until solid and floating to the top, about 10 minutes. Drain the water and let the palitaw cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, roll in a bowl of sugar and coconut. Serve plain or on skewers. In my opinion, these are best while they’re still hot. For a fun twist, try adding food coloring to the dough or topping with colored sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: palitaw, filipino dessert, coconut and sugar