Paprika Chicken Pasta! ♡ Spiced baked chicken with pasta tossed in a luscious and creamy paprika sauce. YUM.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
Creamy Paprika Pasta
- 8 ounces farfalle (DeLallo brand is the best pasta, hands down!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika (see notes)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Brine the chicken: Fill a medium bowl with lukewarm water. Sprinkle some salt in. Soak the chicken breasts in the salted water for 15 minutes. (This purpose of this is for better flavor – if you are short on time, you can skip this.)
- Bake the chicken: Pat the chicken dry. Transfer to a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle thoroughly with paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Let the chicken rest before slicing.
- Pasta: Cook to package directions. Toss with oil and set aside.
- Sauce: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; saute for about 2 minutes. Add the flour; cook for about 2 minutes. Add the wine; stir and let it sizzle out. Add the broth, a little at a time, stirring between each addition. Add the paprika and the cream. Stir until bubbly and creamy enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Assembly: Toss the pasta with the creamy sauce. Arrange a sliced chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with parsley or red pepper flakes.
Paprika: Regular paprika works perfectly. Hot Hungarian paprika also works, but it will be spicy, so you might only need one teaspoon instead of two. Smoked paprika… I wouldn’t recommend it for this recipe because it’s so, um, smokey? but you’re in charge of your own destiny here!
Wine Replacement: Use additional chicken broth.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: paprika pasta, paprika chicken, weeknight dinner, pasta dinner, cozy pasta recipe, easy pasta recipe