This recipe is sponsored by DeLallo
Guess what? Pasta and chicken are getting spicy, creamy, and ultra-cozy for fall! That’s what.
There are zero fancy things going on here. We’ve got pasta (farfalle, because bowties are just adorable, aren’t they?) tossed in a luscious and creamy sauce that is kicked up a notch with paprika – spicy or not! you choose. The chicken is baked under a nice coat of dry spices and can be served tossed in with the pasta, or just sliced and laid nice and pretty on top.
And… that’s all. Add some roasted broccoli or green salad or whatever you like as a side (would crusty bread be too much?), and this is silky-smooth paprika chicken pasta is suddenly looking like a hot new fall accessory.
Let’s Make Paprika Chicken Pasta, Ready GO.
Okay, first up. Bake your chicken. I used the internet’s favorite brine / brush / bake method.
But basically it’s like this:
Now onto the pasta, and since we are working with so few ingredients here, please select good quality pasta! (Translation: please find some DeLallo pasta, or better yet, order yourself a nice lil stock of it so you always have it on hand.)
Boil the pasta and toss it with your creamy sauce.
OH MY GOSH. Look how beautiful and creamy and paprika-y.
That’s all! You’re done.
Chicken goes on top, or mixed in, however you like it.
Send your fork into that luscious bowl of paprika chicken pasta goodness and call it a day.
Check Out Our Video For How To Make Paprika Chicken Pasta:Print
Paprika Chicken Pasta! ♡ Spiced baked chicken with pasta tossed in a luscious and creamy paprika sauce. YUM.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
Creamy Paprika Pasta
- 8 ounces farfalle (DeLallo brand is the best pasta, hands down!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika (see notes)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Brine the chicken: Fill a medium bowl with lukewarm water. Sprinkle some salt in. Soak the chicken breasts in the salted water for 15 minutes. (This purpose of this is for better flavor – if you are short on time, you can skip this.)
- Bake the chicken: Pat the chicken dry. Transfer to a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle thoroughly with paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Let the chicken rest before slicing.
- Pasta: Cook to package directions. Toss with oil and set aside.
- Sauce: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; saute for about 2 minutes. Add the flour; cook for about 2 minutes. Add the wine; stir and let it sizzle out. Add the broth, a little at a time, stirring between each addition. Add the paprika and the cream. Stir until bubbly and creamy enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Assembly: Toss the pasta with the creamy sauce. Arrange a sliced chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with parsley or red pepper flakes.
Paprika: Regular paprika works perfectly. Hot Hungarian paprika also works, but it will be spicy, so you might only need one teaspoon instead of two. Smoked paprika… I wouldn’t recommend it for this recipe because it’s so, um, smokey? but you’re in charge of your own destiny here!
Wine Replacement: Use additional chicken broth.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: paprika pasta, paprika chicken, weeknight dinner, pasta dinner, cozy pasta recipe, easy pasta recipe
Thank you to DeLallo for sponsoring this recipe!