The Best Pumpkin Energy Bites! Made with oats, pumpkin, almond butter, maple syrup, and pumpkin seeds. Naturally sweet, super healthy!
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, see notes)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pulse all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until well-mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times until they are in small pieces.
- Scoop mixture and roll into balls. Freeze until solid and store in the freezer or refrigerator.
Cinnamon vs. Pumpkin Pie Spice: I actually prefer this with straight cinnamon because I’m not a huge fan of the nutmeg that is often found in pumpkin pie spice. Just do whatever your heart feels!
Almond Butter vs. Peanut Butter: Really I think any type of nut or seed butter would work here! It’s just about the flavor you want. I liked peanut butter the best and I didn’t feel like it was overly peanut buttery.
Honey vs. Maple Syrup: Both work really well. Maple syrup is great if you want to keep it vegan. My favorite was 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup maple syrup – best of both worlds. 🙂
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: energy bite, pumpkin energy bite, pumpkin snack, pumpkin recipe, healthy snack