Roasted Veggie Pitas with Avocado Dip – super adaptable to any veggies you have on hand – loaded with flavor, and ready in 30 minutes!
For the Avocado Dip
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1–2 cloves garlic (go for one clove or less if you’re sensitive to strong garlic tastes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (more as needed)
- a handful of cilantro (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- half of a Serrano pepper (more or less depending on how much heat you want)
- juice of one lime
For the Roasted Veggies
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into small florets
- two 14-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1–2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1–2 teaspoons garam masala
- cayenne pepper (optional – if you want spicy)
- oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small whole wheat pitas
- Greek yogurt for topping
- Veggies: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pat the cauliflower and chickpeas dry with paper towels. Arrange in a single layer on one large baking sheet or two baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Give the pan a gentle shake to sort of mix things around. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stir, and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes. The cauliflower and chickpeas should be golden brown and the chickpeas will be semi-crunchy.
- Avocado Dip: While the veggies are roasting, puree the avocado dip ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.
- Assembly: Spread each pita with a spoonful of avocado dip and top with roasted veggies. Sprinkle with extra salt, pepper, cilantro, and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Omit the Greek yogurt to make this vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: roasted veggie pitas, avocado dip, veggie pitas