Sheet Pan Jambalaya: maximum flavor, minimal dishes. Sausage, peppers, onions, shrimp, and cauliflower rice all roasted up on a sheet pan. Big flavor, easy dinner!
- 6 ounces kielbasa sausage, sliced (Charlotte recommends no-sugar-added)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Charlotte recommends avocado oil but I don’t normally have that on hand, so I used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice (10 oz. each, 20 oz. total)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lb. wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- lemon juice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the kielbasa sausage, onion, and bell pepper to a large sheet pan along with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Toss the vegetables and sausage to make sure they are well-coated. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and sausage from the oven, add the tomato paste, and stir to thoroughly mix it in with the vegetables. Add the frozen cauliflower rice and remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning to the pan. Toss all the ingredients together until the are well-incorporated and return the pan to the oven. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Taste the jambalaya and season with salt and pepper. Add the raw shrimp on top of the jambalaya and drizzle the butter over the top.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through and pink. Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: jambalaya, sheet pan meal, cauliflower rice, keto meal, keto dinner, healthy dinner