Calling all big flavor / easy dinner / sheet pan meal lovers!
I have some good news coming your way in the form of sausage, peppers, onions, shrimp, and… wait for it… cauliflower rice!
This isn’t just your average pan of roasted yummies, though. It takes the form of a surprisingly satisfying riceless sheet pan jambalaya with the addition of Cajun spice, melted butter, lemon juice squeezed over the whole thing, and a nice little sprinkling of parsley to make it table-ready.
I mean, for being extremely practical and easy, you have to admit: she really is a beauty.
Watch How To Make This Recipe
This isn’t my genius idea – our Minneapolis-based friend Charlotte of Clean Foodie Cravings wrote a cookbook called One-Pot Keto Cooking and this is just one of her many creative and fun low-carb recipes.
Personally, I’m not following a low-carb diet, I’ve never done keto, but I’m here to tell you, keto or not, this stuff is good. For all of us. Loaded with veggies, high in protein, and EASIER THAN EASY.
The kind of easy that works for even the most low-maintenance among us (ME).
I followed Charlotte’s Sheet Pan Jambalaya recipe to an almost perfect T, but this seems like the kind of recipe that can handle your personal preferences and substitutions. More or less sausage, seafood, spice, rice, or butter? Get after it. Make it your own. Charlotte’s gift to us is this recipe as a recipe, but also this recipe as a concept. One that deserves to be revisited and loved on week after week after week.
You and your hungry dinnertime self are going to love this recipe.
This is a recipe republished with permission from the cookbook One-Pot Keto Cooking (affiliate link) by Charlotte Smythe, maker of delicious food and mastermind behind the Clean Foodie Cravings blog. You can also follow Charlotte on Instagram! Jambalaya is a dish of West African, French, and Spanish influence and there are tons of variations out there depending on where in the world you might be eating it (you can read more here). This is not a traditional jambalaya recipe as it’s made with cauliflower rice in place of rice. But it’s super delicious!Print
Sheet Pan Jambalaya: maximum flavor, minimal dishes. Sausage, peppers, onions, shrimp, and cauliflower rice all roasted up on a sheet pan. Big flavor, easy dinner!
- 6 ounces kielbasa sausage, sliced (Charlotte recommends no-sugar-added)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Charlotte recommends avocado oil but I don’t normally have that on hand, so I used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice (10 oz. each, 20 oz. total)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lb. wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- lemon juice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the kielbasa sausage, onion, and bell pepper to a large sheet pan along with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Toss the vegetables and sausage to make sure they are well-coated. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and sausage from the oven, add the tomato paste, and stir to thoroughly mix it in with the vegetables. Add the frozen cauliflower rice and remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning to the pan. Toss all the ingredients together until the are well-incorporated and return the pan to the oven. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Taste the jambalaya and season with salt and pepper. Add the raw shrimp on top of the jambalaya and drizzle the butter over the top.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through and pink. Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: jambalaya, sheet pan meal, cauliflower rice, keto meal, keto dinner, healthy dinner