These Spicy Salmon Burgers are little bundles of flavor! Canned salmon, panko, refreshing lemongrass, and a sweet-spicy zingy combo of red curry paste and brown sugar. So good and so simple!
For the Spicy Salmon Burgers:
- 14–15 ounces canned salmon
- 2 eggs (see notes)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup panko (start there, add more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil for frying
- buns and toppings like cilantro or sliced cucumber
- OR bagged salad (like an Asian-style salad)
- OR shredded cabbage (either homemade or store bought, tossed with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and sugar) <– my personal favorite
- Drain the salmon and flake it apart. Mix the burger ingredients together. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a nonskillet over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve however you like! I love these burgers on a tangy slaw and topped with a dollop of plain yogurt, sour cream, or spicy mayo.
I feel like every batch I make of these is a little different depending on the amount of moisture in the salmon, so just play with the egg / panko ratios as needed. If you find that your mixture is too crumbly or not sticking together well, you can add another half or full egg (to total 3 eggs). I’ve had some 2-egg batches, and some 3-egg batches – both turned out great. You can also add more panko to help things hold, or you can add a little bit of mayo to help the whole thing stick together!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan-Fry
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: salmon burger, spicy salmon, salmon recipe