This juicy salad tastes like summer! With chipotle chicken, sweet corn, avocado, cilantro vinaigrette, bacon crumbles, and fresh strawberries for a pop of sweetness. Recipe republished from the What’s Gaby Cookin’ cookbook!
For the Chipotle Chicken:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I added this – not in original recipe)
- 3–4 chicken breasts or thighs
For the Summer Cobb Salad:
- 3–4 cups greens (see notes)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8–10 strawberries, quartered
- 2 ears corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1–2 ripe avocados, sliced
- salt and pepper
- cilantro vinaigrette! so yummy.
- Prep the chicken: Combine the oil, chipotles, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Place the chicken in the bowl and toss to coat the chicken in the marinade. Place in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the chicken: Heat an outdoor grill (or grill pan) to about 400 degrees. Place chicken on the grill and grill for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for ten minutes. Slice against the grain.
- Salad: Arrange the greens on a large platter and top with the bacon, strawberries, corn, avocado, and grilled chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the cilantro vinaigrette and serve!
Greens: We used spring greens in the pictures on this post, but we love this with just spinach too depending on what you have on hand!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chipote chicken, chipotle chicken cobb salad, cobb salad