Summah summah summahhhhhhtime!
I kinda can’t believe it since here in Minnesota we were all “April Blizzard” a minute ago, but you guys, it’s totally here. And I totally had it for dinner last night.
Here’s what it tasted like:
- juicy strawberries
- crisp salty bacon
- sweet green lettuce
- bursts of sweet corn
- creamy avocado chunks
- and smoky chipotle grilled chicken! REPEAT: GRILLED!
How to make our Chipotle Cobb Salad (1 MIN):
Heya! FYI, Book links are Amazon affiliate links.
This dream team of ingredients better known as a Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad is coming to our hearts today from the What’s Gaby Cooking Cookbook.
Remember when I published those BEST EVER chicken tinga tacos and told you about my friend Melissa’s amazing book and then talked about how I hardly ever promote books? But then I turned around and told you how great THIS one was, too? LOL to me. It’s just dumb luck that both of these came out when they did.
We’re not paid for any cookbook promotions – I just like to show you the ones that we like and give you a sneak at their best recipes.
And this one is one that I like. And this might be one of its best recipes. Tied with the cilantro vinaigrette, which I couldn’t not use again for this salad. I know Gaby says to use the champagne vinaigrette with this salad, but GABY COME ON YOU CAN’T TEASE US LIKE THAT. One good lick of that cilantro dressing and you’re done. Goodbye. This is your life now.
Okay, salad ingredients. As mentioned, there is a lot of fresh summery goodness going on here, and it looks like so:
The more “involved” part of the recipe (if you can even call it that) is just plopping your chicken in some spices and a few chipotle peppers and letting it marinate for a while before grilled.
WORTH IT, you guys! So worth it.
Also probably more normal to take a picture of the grilled chicken rather than the raw marinated stuff, but who said anything about normal.
Bjork and I ate this salad on the deck on a random Tuesday night and we both mega-loved every lip-lickin juicy bite.
It’s a little spicy, a lot crunchy, and those bites of sweetness in between are so super rewarding.
Thank you, Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad, for making all our dreams come true.
This juicy salad tastes like summer! With chipotle chicken, sweet corn, avocado, cilantro vinaigrette, bacon crumbles, and fresh strawberries for a pop of sweetness. Recipe republished from the What’s Gaby Cookin’ cookbook!
For the Chipotle Chicken:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I added this – not in original recipe)
- 3-4 chicken breasts or thighs
For the Summer Cobb Salad:
- 3-4 cups greens (see notes)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8-10 strawberries, quartered
- 2 ears corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1-2 ripe avocados, sliced
- salt and pepper
- cilantro vinaigrette! so yummy.
- Prep the chicken: Combine the oil, chipotles, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Place the chicken in the bowl and toss to coat the chicken in the marinade. Place in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the chicken: Heat an outdoor grill (or grill pan) to about 400 degrees. Place chicken on the grill and grill for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for ten minutes. Slice against the grain.
- Salad: Arrange the greens on a large platter and top with the bacon, strawberries, corn, avocado, and grilled chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the cilantro vinaigrette and serve!
Greens: We used spring greens in the pictures on this post, but we love this with just spinach too depending on what you have on hand!
Nutrition label does not include the Cilantro Vinaigrette – head to the recipe to find its nutritional information!