Sweet Potato Casserole with a crunchy brown sugar topping that will give you life. A Thanksgiving recipe classic!
For the sweet potatoes
- 3 cups (1 29-ounce can) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Wholesome! organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt to taste
For the topping
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup Wholesome! organic brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the sweet potatoes and add the melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, beaten eggs, and a pinch of salt. Stir until incorporated. Pour into a shallow baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecan pieces in a small bowl, using your fingers to create moist crumbs. Sprinkle generously over the casserole. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and the top is golden brown. Let stand for the mixture to cool and solidify a little bit before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato casserole, sweet potato recipe, sweet potatoes and brown sugar, brown sugar casserole, thanksgiving casserole