Thai Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes – the ultimate comfort food that is surprisingly easy to make! So perfectly savory with just a teensy bit of sweet.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- half a yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow curry paste
- 10 baby golden yukon potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 14-ounce can coconut cream (it’s like coconut milk, but even more luscious)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- cilantro and rice for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute for a few minutes until the onions are fragrant and softened. Add the chicken and curry paste; saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add the coconut cream and 1/2 cup water to the pot – simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, adding more water depending on the consistency you want for the sauce.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar to really take it up a notch. Seriously – so good. Serve over rice.
The yellow curry paste I use is HOMEMADE because I can never find it in the store – and it’s super easy to make. It takes about 45 minutes, but then you’ll have enough to last you through five batches of curry (and you can freeze it). Here’s the recipe: https://pinchofyum.com/easy-homemade-yellow-curry-paste