Thai Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes! Chicken, golden potatoes, onion, coconut cream, and an absolutely incredible homemade yellow curry paste sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- half a yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow curry paste
- 10 baby golden yukon potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- one 14-ounce can coconut cream (it’s like coconut milk, but even more luscious)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- cilantro and rice for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute for a few minutes until the onions are fragrant and softened. Add the chicken and curry paste; saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add the coconut cream and 1/2 cup water to the pot – simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, adding more water depending on the consistency you want for the sauce.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar to really take it up a notch. Seriously – so good. Serve over rice.
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
The nutrition label does not include the rice.
Need some tips on how to thinly slice that onion? Check out this guide on how to cut an onion.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: yellow curry recipe, yellow curry chicken, chicken curry, thai yellow curry