What We Cover
Take Photos That Perform
We’ll talk about ways to style and take photos that get more likes, comments, and engagement in places like Pinterest, Instagram, and Google search results.
Style With Confidence
You’ll discover the basic rules of styling and composition that should be guiding you in building out the entire frame of your food photos.
You’ll walk away with tools for shooting and editing in a way that allows you to complete your workflow – from camera to blog or website – within an hour.
12 hours of small group instruction (workshops limited to 12).
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks on both days as well as extra food for practicing.
Practice Space and Materials
One window and table set up per person, and use of all props and tools in our studio.
One year membership to Food Blogger Pro, valued at $279.
Exclusive discount to Erickson Wood Works, valued at $60, to purchase background surfaces.
Get direct feedback, insight, and tips for ways to unlock your photography potential.
These food photography workshops are hands-on learning experiences that allow you time to learn, observe, and practice food photography and food styling.
All of our food photography workshops include three distinct teaching formats:
- Direct Instruction where we talk you through concepts with picture examples and Q&A;
- Live Demonstrations of each concept with a tethered camera set up (meaning you’ll be able to see our camera and photos live on the screen as we do demo photo shoots);
- Practice Photo Shoots that give you a chance to practice and get individualized coaching and feedback as needed.
Where Are They?
Our food photography workshops are hosted in the North Loop area of Minneapolis, Minnesota, in our rustic-industrial 3,000 square foot studio.
Also, be excited: we have enough windows, space, and props to provide each attendee with their own table and window to use for practice. Wheee!
Not from Minneapolis? No worries. Over two-thirds of our workshop attendees come from out of state. Most fly in the night before and leave on the last day of the workshop. There are several hotels within 1-2 miles of our studio and we can give you recommendations for getting around once you register.
Who Should Attend?
In general, our workshop attendees are:
- Food lovers
- Food bloggers
- People who want to start a food blog
- New photographers
- Social media managers
- Food photographers for food brands
- Content creators for food brands
- Creative directors for food brands
- Independent freelancers