Update: this workshop is sold out. Sign up for the waiting list to get notified when we launch new workshops.
This is the most exciting day for me in all my recent memory. Which only goes back as far as those coconut curry noodles I posted earlier this week. ♡ BUT STILL. I’m very, very excited. In September, we’ll be hosting the first ever Tasty Food Photography Workshop as a way to offer a hands on learning experience that will help you discover how to give your food photography a boost, and, as a result, continue to grow your food blog or business. Here’s an outline of what we’re all about with this event.
The Tasty Food Photography Workshop is a two day hands-on food photography learning experience designed to help you take your photography to the next level.
We’ll talk about many things related to food photography, including:
- how to take advantage of the settings on your DSLR camera,
- how to use natural and artificial light,
- how to find your style,
- how to create that style with props and composition,
- and how to create an efficient workflow with your editing.
I’ll also be sending out a survey to all participants before the class in order to tailor some of the content to your specific questions about food photography.
The workshop will be structured with a trifecta of teaching strategies (former elementary teacher in the house!):
- direct instruction with slides, talking Q&A, and so on,
- live demonstrations of each concept with a tethered camera set up (meaning you’ll be able to see my camera live on the screen as I do demo photo shoots),
- practice photo shoots for participants with individualized coaching and feedback.
For the best experience, we recommend that you bring a DSLR camera and your computer with preferred editing softwares installed.
The workshop will also include breakfast and lunch on both days. Yummms.
Finally – this event is limited to 15 participants because of the hands-on nature of the workshop and the constraints of the space we’ll be using.
Note: since this is our first workshop, we have no idea how fast it will sell out, but 15 isn’t a very big group. If you’re interested in this experience, I wouldn’t recommend waiting too long! You should be able to see how many tickets are left on this ticket sales window.
Due to the nature of the registration process, we are unable to offer refunds for a scheduling conflict. Please make sure you have the date available when you register.
The event will take place September 5-6, 2015.
We’ll start at 9am and end at 4pm on both days with breaks throughout the day for FOOOOOD in the studio.
The event will be hosted in a bright and beautiful studio in the Minneapolis Arts District. See pictures and fall in love.
The address is 1330 Quincy Street NE, Minneapolis, MN, 55413 and we’ll be in studio 204B.
- love taking pictures of food (and eating food – we do both around here),
- want to know how to work with different types of natural light,
- have a nice camera, but want to learn how to really use it,
- feel overwhelmed when venturing out of the Auto mode,
- need efficient photo editing solutions,
- need solutions for low lighting situations,
- want to use food photography to grow your business,
- already take good food photos, but feel like you could improve your look or define your style,
… this is the workshop for you.
Beginner, intermediate, somewhere in between… there is no required skill level for this course.
If you are a food blogger: perfect. I am happy to create content and answer questions around food photography as it relates to blogging as a whole.
But you don’t have to be a food blogger to attend. If you identify with any of the needs in the list above, this workshop will be a valuable experience for you.
All registration is done through Eventbrite. You should see a little window below where you can pay with PayPal or select the option to pay with a credit or debit card.
After your purchase goes through, you’ll be emailed PDF tickets – you can print those out if you want, or we’ll just check you in at the door when you come.
As the event gets closer, I’ll send out an email with more detailed information for the weekend.
Friends – I’d love to see you there! ????